Thursday 19 July 2012

Cairnsmore of Fleet. July 2012

Airmen's memorial.

I made it to the summit.
Today the teacher and myself were given the opportunity of a last minute lift to Newton Stewart  (home of the blogger) so as we never miss a chance for a good walk off we went on a cloudy calm morning to climb Cairnsmore of Fleet (711M). With a few midges about we went up by the tourist route in less than 2 hours proving I am back to full fitness after my wee accident last week. (I fell off my bike!!)Lunch at the top admiring the views which included the Isle of Man we set off  back down to complete the climb in under 4 hours which is not bad for us considering we are both pensioners. Car  to Girvan and the bus back to Ayr to end another wonderful day out on a hill I personally have not climbed for over two years.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ! I was doing a pre recce recce next door.
    I was up Craignelder. So the that was you two I spotted was it.
    See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete