Saturday 18 August 2012

Recce for South Ayrshire ramblers. Hare Hill wind farm circular. August 2012

Our goal today.

One of the many good access roads.

An unusual speed limit in the windfarm.

Looking down on the New Cumnock area.

Our little group plus me on the camera.
I was extremely honoured today to be invited my Madam Vice of ADRC fame to accompany her plus two other walkers namely the distiller and a retired call girl (she used to work at BT), what were you lot thinking she did!!As this was recce I will be brief and a full blog will appear in October when the  group do the walk. On a fairly clear humid morning we made our way up an excellent access road to the Hare Hill windfarm (575M) where on a good clear day you can see across Arran to the Paps of Jura and beyond,today we were not so fortunate but hopefully on the day of the walk the weather will be fine and clear. From the summit the route took us down  an area known as the Knipe before going onto the road to get over the Garepool Burn. From here it was through a couple of fields to take us back to our starting point. An excellent 8 mile grade "B" walk which I would urge all members to attend as I can assure you Madam Vice has put a lot of effort and time into working out a route for us all to enjoy. Many thanks for the invite.

1 comment:

  1. Looks an good walk Gordon, maybe I'll get the Cumnock lassie interested in doing it with me.

    ReplyDelete