Monday 18 March 2013

ARDC Culzean Castle March 2013

Just a wee blog to say yesterday 18 members of ADRC did an 8 mile circular walk around the Culzean estate admirably led by the farmer. When she said to me that I had not taken any photographs she was concerned that I may not blog the walk but as I explained the weather was dull and overcast not good for photos. Anyway the group met at the Maidens, walked along the shore up onto the cliff path ,past the castle to Goats Green car park before turning into the estate visiting the Kennedy family cemetry for a lunch stop. Passing the deer park the group made their way through the forest to Swan Pond where I joined them for the last mile or so of their walk.Good turnout on a dreich day and as usual a big vote of thanks was given to the farmer for leading an interesting walk through parts of Culzean that many members had not visited before.

No comments:

Post a Comment