Thursday 25 April 2013

Byne and Grey Hills from Girvan April2013


A dipper


Me and spike on Grey Hill.(297M)
Spike and the teacher on Byne Hill.(214M)
Today Thursday April 25th exactly 5 months after my wee accident I met spike and the teacher at Girvan harbour on a grey mainly dry morning. This was going to be a 10 mile test of stamina up Byne Hill over Fell onto Grey Hill and return via Drumfairn. Once we had passed Shalloch Park the weather started to improve and when we reached Grey Hill the sun was trying to make an appearance. The going was rough in places with me just taking my time much to the amusement of spike who has only ever walked with me when I was fully fit. Thanks for his patience today we returned safely back to Girvan in glorious sunshine to end a super day in the hills which would probably be described as a full blown "B" walk . A wee footnote to Madam Vice who has been advising me on  each step of the way on my road to recovery, I used two poles for the whole walk !!
Sorry forgot to mention a wonderful sighting of a dipper as we crossed the Myoch Burn at the caravan site before we climbed Byne Hill . 

No comments:

Post a Comment