Sunday 19 May 2013

Cunninghame Ramblers .Darvel circular. May 2013

He was pleased to see us

as they all know the walkers have food for them.

Which way do we go now??

I know it is this way. Do as you are told!!

Lovely display of tulips in this cottage.

Group at a view point. (including little old me)

Our leader.
Today Sunday I joined Cunninghame ramblers for a 5 mile walk high above the town of Darvel. 11of us set off through Lanfine Estate on a calm cloudy morning before we climbed to some lovely wooded area that took us  up towards the TV mast that serves the local area.When we were having our lunch stop we were treated to a greater spotted woodpecker rattling away on a tree right above us,this was my first ever experience of seeing and hearing it at the same time. This was a short 5 mile walk finishing back in Darvel where 5 of the walkers decided to extend their day by climbing Loudon Hill. I decided I could climb it with relative ease my problem is still coming down steep slippy slopes so I decided not to bother today. Excellent walk to parts of the estate I had not visited before ,thanks to all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment