Thursday 5 December 2013

Cunninghame ramblers mid week walk in Straiton. December 2013

Some places were very muddy

todays group

with me as leader.
Yesterday Wednesday 4 December I was privileged to be the walk leader for Cunninghame ramblers on their mid week walk.Straiton was the chosen venue and a bakers dozen left the walkers car park for an 7 mile walk to climb our first hill known locally as monument hill adorned with its magnificent memorial to a local landowner.Once on the summit I mentioned a few of the landmarks now visible on the horizon notably the Island of Arran and Ailsa Craig.From here it was a fairly steep descent back down to the road before our next assent up Bennan Hill . Half way up we took a wee coffee break to admire the late autumn colours lit up by the midday sun on all the surrounding hills. Arriving back at the cars we had our lunch stop before heading out of the village in the afternoon to do a walk known as the  Lady Hunter Blair trail past some waterfalls hidden away in the forest made it a perfect ending to a very pleasant day out with this group. My thanks to all who joined me yesterday your company and chatter made it a real joy to lead a group who really appreciated the nature and colours of the beautiful countryside to be found in this part of Scotland.
PS I have an admission to make I forgot to take my camera with me yesterday so the local football pundit stepped in and provided me with the above shots of our day. Thank you very much sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment