Wednesday 21 May 2014

Cunninghame ramblers. Mid week walk to Culzean with a Barbeque. May 2014

Starting out along the Croy shore.

There is always one who walks on his own!(guess who)

Tip toe through a burn

Madam chairwoman has returned after injury.

Culzean Castle will never look finer in the sunshine.

The minstrels from the castle took to the great outdoors today

and serenaded the ramblers

Going through the walled garden

Serious discussions after the barbie

I could not do it without her

whilst I do my chef with a wee refreshment!!
Today Cunninghame ramblers met on a lovely sunny morning on the shore at Croy for a walk to Culzean estate followed by a barbeque in the afternoon. 23 of us left the car park with myself as leader to enjoy a coastal stroll towards Culzean with all its bird life enjoying the sun and  sea. Once in the estate we stopped at the castle to listen to a lady on the harp and her partner on his guitar serenade us whilst we had a  coffee stop on the ramparts overlooking the Firth of Clyde. Next was a visit to heronary where we saw a nesting heron with her mate guarding the youngsters high up in the canopy of the woods. At this point I handed over the leadership responsibilities to a fellow rambler to enable me to meet Anne at the Maidens to get a lift back to Croy and get the barbie underway. Well, as the walkers returned to the start in the wall to wall warm sunshine the smell of burgers ,chicken and sausages filled the air, everyone was soon tucking into the food. I have to say it myself even though I organised it, the best barbie ever due to the exceptionally fine weather I could not think of a better place to be in the world when Scotland shines out like this in all its glory. Thanks to all who came along today, Anne and I really appreciated your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment