Wednesday 13 August 2014

Cunninghame ramblers. Hadyard Hill circular near Dailly. August 2014

Making our way up Hadyard Hill

Out on the moors

Todays large group

Aye the leader has to make an appearance!!
Today Cunninghame ramblers went to Dailly for a 9 mile circular walk up Hadyard Hill with myself as walk leader. This was a great honour as only yesterday my membership to this group was confirmed by the Ramblers Association. 23 of us met in the village square on a fairly pleasant dry sunny morning which was a tremendous change from the last three days which were extremely wet and dreich for this time of year. A good steep climb took us all onto the ridge high above the village and  the summit with its wonderful views of the Clyde and South Ayrshire .A short break was taken here where I pointed out a lot of the landmarks and other walking routes  the group may consider for the future. Dropping down into Hadyard wind farm we had a stop for lunch before coming to the Barr road back to Dailly. As we approached the village a light shower of rain came on so I decided to go through the Lindsayston woods which  gave us some shelter before arriving  back safely at the start. Not many photos today as I was the leader so my time was spent navigating a safe and dry route over the tops of the moorland. Thanks to all  who turned out today I cannot decide if it was me or the fact that you have all been kept indoors for the last three days that such a large group turned up for my first walk as full member of this esteemed group.Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment