Wednesday 2 March 2011

Recce for ADRC Ballantrae circular.






Today Wednesday March 2nd  Anne and I went off to Ballantrae to recce a  walk for Ayr and District ramblers on which I am the walk leader. Anne stayed at the Glenapp end and I went off up the Stinchar Valley towards Laggan and then followed roads and tracks over towards Smyrton where I met up with Anne again. Then we went down through Glenapp Castle Estate back towards Ballantrae. I do not want to give too much detail just now as then I would have nothing to blog on the day . Least to say the daffodils look as if they might just be at their best on the day of the walk let's hope so. The walk is on Saturday 12th March meeting at 8.50AM at Millbrae car park in Ayr alternatively you can meet up with group at the shore car park in Ballantrae at 10.00AM. This is a medum grade walk of 7 miles and all members and visitors will be made most welcome,
Snowdrops are now at their best.
I think this is one of Ayrshire's finest examples of a tree lined avenue.
Plenty of waterfalls on this walk.
Daffodils are now coming into flower.
My previous photo of this sign was in January's blog of Ballantrae.Can you spot the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment