Wednesday 16 March 2011

Recce for Stranraer and Wigtown Ramblers Wednesday March 16th 2011

Summit of Penderry Hill (309M)

Memorial stone on summit of Carlock Hill (319M)

Summit of Smyrton Hill (370M) + My recce colleague.


Today I travelled to Glenapp to do a recce for next weeks walk with Stranraer and Wigtown Ramblers. A colleague from the group met me and we went up the above hills and a few more. We were very lucky with the weather yesterday was snow sleet and rain but today was glorious sunshine. This is a fairly tough walk and requires good strong footwear and gaiters are highly recommended as it will be fairly marshy and boggy in places. I am the walk leader and we will start from the crossroads at the top of Glenapp (A77) on Saturday 26th March at 10.00AM to which all members and guests will be made most welcome. My thanks to my recce colleague today he was most helpful in working out which way would be the best route for the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment