Wednesday 8 August 2012

Marathon from Doonfoot to Girvan. August 2012

First stop at the Carrick Hills trig point.

Looking out over a very calm sea.

Second stop at Dunure Castle.

Third stop. Culzean Castle.

The swans have successfully reared 8 cygnets.

Lunch stop at Turnberry Lighthouse.

The finish never alters!!
Today Wednesday August 8th I set off from Doonfoot at 7.00AM to do my marathon walk to Girvan one I have done several times before but this time armed with my GPS I was wanting to measure certain distances between some of the places on this route, also I have added a wee twist to the normal walk I now climb up and over the Carrick Hills before going down to Dunure shore to increase the mileage to achieve marathon status.All went well in the glorious sunshine and I completed  27 miles in under 10 hours considering the heat I thought this was quite acceptable for a pensioner like myself.Ayr and District Ramblers  beware this is a walk I intend to ask the committeee to approve for our next programme hopefully in March 2013.Off to Arran tomorrow morning on the 7.00AM ferry to recce my 5 peak challenge walk for ADRC on Saturday 10th August. Plesase note we will be travelling on the 7.00AM ferry on Saturday and not as published in the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment