Friday 23 November 2012

Recce for ADRC . Straiton to Dalmellington. November 2012

Monument Hill
On Wednesday November 23rd I did a recce for my forthcoming walk "B+" with ADRC. This is the sixth time I have tried to work out a safe route and also one that a group could do without too many fences to cross and the inevitable wet boggy ground.My normal two walking partners were not available so I broke the rules and went out by myself on a cold sunny morning. As I approched Auchenroy Hill near to Dalmellington I made the decision that if we were to do my original plan,  perhaps  we would not finish in the daylight hours available to us at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, so I would alter my plans and change the route into a linear one finishing at Dallmellington Community Centre car park. Once I had worked out an interesting route through Craigengillan Estate and managing to keep the distance up to about 12 miles this was definitely a better way for a group walk. My original route  now upgraded to an"A" walk will now appear on the summer programme 2013 subject to the walks committee's approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment