Saturday 20 April 2013

ADRC Straiton circular walk. April 2013

Group setting off from Straiton School.

Not many of this type of drinking fountain still exist.

My finishing point today.
Today 33 ramblers set off from Straiton on a fairly pleasant sunny morning to do an 8 mile walk on some of the hills around the village. I knew that I would not be able to complete the walk but had looked at the map and worked out a possible route for myself missing out monument hill. However we had only gone about 2 miles and already I was feeling the fairly fast pace set by this fit group of ramblers when I decided that I may hold them all back whilst I negotiated or should I say stumbled over the wet ground so decided to return on the path we had used since the village I carefully made my way back. Once onto hard roads the going was a lot easier and made my way to the village of Crosshill via Blairquan Castle where I caught a bus back to Ayr. My total walking distance was 8 miles and if you add that onto my last 2 recent walks a total of 24 miles has been covered in 7 days I just cannot do rough wet ground yet but that will come with time.

1 comment:

  1. Yer a determined man Slew, it won't be long before you're up and running.

    ReplyDelete